Pages

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Cheesy Muffins and Stir Fries

Today I decided (actually let's get this straight right now, I'm writing here about yesterday. Basically I wrote the first post and didn't post it til the next day which put me a day out and yesterday I followed suit, I'm stopping that here and now, before I get confused, is that ok? I'll start again...)

Yesterday I decided that maybe I should go back to the old ways, make something with Ben so that he'd have an enthusiasm for eating it, so we made cheesy muffins together. I used my normal recipe, substituting  in Doves Farm Gluten free flour rather than using ordinary plain.

Recipe
2 cups SR flour
225 g Butter - it's not a diet recipe!
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 cup of milk
1 cup of grated cheese

Preheat oven to 190, rub the butter into the flour, baking powder and salt, stir in the milk, than the cheese, leave for a minute or two - about the time it takes to wrestle the block of cheese from a small child - until it goes kind of spongy, and then spoon into cake cases in a muffin tray, Bake for 20 minutes.
It makes 12 really big muffins, or 18-24 fairy cake sized ones.

They were yummy, still warm, with greek salad - me - and with crudites and soup - the children. And do you know what? Ben ate one, well, most of one. Victory will be mine!

And after all that I went for an easy supper, chicken stir fry, a meal I know he loves and will always eat. And with no gluten, well apart from the soy sauce, but that is another story....



No comments:

Post a Comment