Pages

Saturday 30 July 2011

Counting my Blessings

Thank you, all of you for being so lovely yesterday. I had scores of messages all supportive, all telling me off, in a gentle way, for blaming myself.

I had a lie in this morning, J dealt with the boys until 9.30when I got up, and the world seems a much brighter place.
The sun is shining, the boys are laughing and I am surrounded by love.

What's more, there is something I can do, I can pray. I'm a Christian, for those that don't know, and I believe in the power of prayer. With prayer and dental treatment, and preventative measures by the hundred, I believe we can have his mouth healthy again and that we can keep it that way.

I have friends who have so much more to deal with than a few rotten teeth.
Friends who have lost babies late in pregnancy, or to stillbirths, or soon after they were born - there are 17 babies every day in Britain alone, who are either stillborn, or who live only a few short hours, Seventeen a day. Every day. Can you imagine?
I have one friend who lost her little son a couple of months ago, one morning, while they were on holiday, he just didn't wake up. And yet she and her husband and daughter carry on because they have no choice, and she is still able to count her blessings. (L, xxx if you are reading this).

So I'm counting mine. I have three bright beautiful boys, I have so much love and laughter from them and their daddy, I know that the boys and I are his world.
My wider family are lovely.
And I have you dear friends, people I've known for years, and know well, people I know a little and hope to learn more about and total strangers who happened upon the blog and took time to message me.

I have so much to be thankful for,.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. How lovely that you were able to stand back and look at your blessings, I think we often don't do that enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad today dawned brighter, and hope tomorrow does too, xXx

    ReplyDelete