Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Scarecrows and Swimming

We had a lovely day yesterday.
Church over we took the boys to the park to run off some energy and brought them home to rack of lamb, parmentier potatoes and vegetables. They played in the garden while we put a Pork Leg joint - absolute bargain, free range and reduced to £3 just before Waitrose closed for Saturday night and all day Sunday - into the oven to slow roast for the afternoon.
J watched some cricket and we headed out the the Scarecrow Festival at Torteval. 60+ scarecrows arranged in various tableaux. And all the fun of the fayre. The boys bounced on bouncy castles and chased round looking at the scarecrows.
We came home and ate the pork, with apple sauce and bread - for those of us that aren't Ben.
Food is so much easier when it's not a compromise, when I'm cooking things that don't require a gluten substitute - I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that there isn't one.
We changed and headed out to the beach and this time really did swim. I was amazed by the clarity of the water, in up to neck and yet able to see grains of sand on the sea bed.
A really lovely evening, I don't think I'll ever want to leave here.

That said, I'm off today to England for a week or so. 13 hour boat crossing tonight. Just me and the boys, J has meetings and can't follow us until Thursday - which gives me chance to plan his birthday ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment